Monday, March 3, 2014


Assignment # 2                          Rossy Jerez

Data Manifesto (1916, Hugo Ball)

It will serve to show how articulated language comes into being. I let the vowels fool around. I let the vowels quite simply occur, as a cat meows . . . Words emerge, shoulders of words, legs, arms, hands of words. Au, oil, uh. One shouldn't let too many words out. A line of poetry is a chance to get rid of all the filth that clings to this accursed language, as if put there by stockbrokers' hands, hands worn smooth by coins. I want the word where it ends and begins. Dada is the heart of words.

A German man who wrote the Data Manifesto was known by Hugo Ball. Mr. Ball descriptive the way he stared seem his life. This quotes meaning to me, that when people talk they should let the word out with the feeling to express themselves because that way one can be heard. However, voices come from in different types of language from the baby vowels and to an elderly expression and sound. In other words, Language also can be expressed in another type of behavior such as face expression, body movement, body emotion like, when a person cry, scream, laughter, angrier, happy, even when they sleeping they are doing some vowel sound or movement in which they express their feeling, emotion no matter what kind of language that person speaks, or race, gender. He believed when people feel to give the rhythm of the vowel they let the voice flow normally.


Hugo in this world you have a fan. I personal agree with this quote about letting your voice express your feeling, expressions and thoughts.  This quote is related to me in my present life in many different ways.Example, The joy and loud laughter when giving birth to my children.  The sounds of cries when the passing of my sister in an airplane crash. The yells of excitement seeing my children take their first steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment